Providing an excellent standard of care that preserves the independence and dignity of each individual.
The establishment of The Haven can be attributed to the vision of Mr E.V. Robert who was the owner of the local radio station, 2WG. Mr Roberts purchased 18.5 acres of land in Bourke Street, Wagga Wagga. In 1951 he granted the land to the 2WG Women’s Club who commenced fundraising for the development of The Haven’s Self Care Retirement Village.
The Women’s Club played a vital role in the development of The Haven. Through their fundraising efforts The Haven was able to expand and become one of the region’s first providers of residential age care. The Women’s Club disbanded in 1965 and from then on management of The Haven was transferred to a Board of Directors. The Board has continued to raise funds, and with the help of local service clubs, volunteers and the community The Haven has continued to grow.
The Haven provides accommodation and care for 148 residents in residential aged care, home care for 150 aged persons in the community and rental accommodation for retirees in 62 independent living units. Independent Living is currently undergoing redevelopment, with a staged master plan in place to expand to 72 units.